A possible bug and a request...

*sigh*  I hope my testing didn't cause this message to get to the mailing
list 3 times.....

Well, it's good to be back. :)  I used to be on this mailing list long
long ago and had to give it up since I moved, now that everything's
settled and I had a spare minute I decided to jump back on the
bandwagon, and here's the first few tidbits and ideas I have been
milling over:

First the bug:

I've mentioned this bug to a few people but I don't know whether it ever
actually got brought to this list, and now that I'm on this list I
thought I'd point it out myself. :)

First, we're currently running V1.7.8.pl4 of the LambdaMOO server.

If you have a property:     x = { 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 }

and you do:                      x[2] = x[4] =3D 8;

you would expect to get:   { 1, 8, 3, 8, 5 }

but instead you get:          { 1, 8, 3, 4, 5 }

This happens with strings too.  "12345" ...

Now the request:
Whenever a traceback occurs it is generally difficult for a programmer
to get enough information out of the person it happened to to try to fix
it.  What would be really cool is if you could somehow store tracebacks
in a special property on #0,  if the property exists. That way whenever
a traceback occurs any programmer or wizard on line could take a look at
exactly what happened.

--
chaeon@roc.clawpaw.com  -- Site admin for clawpaw.com     http://www.clawpaw.com
Chaeon - Site Wiz or K'ryn - Bronze rider,  VirtuaPern Moo   http://www.clawpaw.com/VirtuaPern