Re: Greetings, & some questions...

>Secondly: Exits.
>When one does a "look"/"l", the exits are not listed. I have been listing
>them as part of my descriptions. This is annoying, since every time I
>change something, I have to redo the description of the room (which leaves
>room for error). Can one get the exits listed automagically?

This is one way, but if you're a newbie, every chunk of code you don't have to write yourself helps:

@verb $room:tell_exits tnt
@program $room:tell_exits this none this
exit_list = {};
for x in (this.exits)
  if (x.obvious)
    exit_list = {@exit_list, x.name};
  endif
endfor
if (exit_list != {})
  player:notify(tostr("Obvious exits: ", $string_utils:english_list(exit_list)));
endif
.

Then:

put this after this:tell_contents(things); in $room:look_self  :

this:tell_exits();

(If $string_utils:enlish_list isn't on your moo, you may have to code something like that up.)

Hope that helps a little,

--Kimberly

// Kimberly Bobrow
// kbobrow@parc.xerox.com      She's e-mailing, she must be