Re: [newbie] Programmer Tutorial Question

On Fri, 19 Jan 1996, D. Jason Nolan wrote:

> #110:do_the_work not compiled because:
>   Line 3:  syntax error
>
>   2:    if ($object_utils:isa(this.location,$room)
> __3_      this.location:announce_all(this.name," ",this:continue_msg());
>
> Now, this is exactly what is in the tutorial, so I can't even guess at
> how I might get through learning this to get onto the next phase.  Any
> help, or any other tutorial document references would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance, and apologies for the newbie bandwidth waste,

You forgot a ) at the end of line 2, the error registers in line 3 because
the compiler doesn't realize the ) is missing until it gets to the beginning
of line 3.  The same thing happens with missing semicolons.

 *         Don Schwarz <darkowl@mcs.net>           *     PGP fingerprint:    *
 *          http://www.mcs.net/~darkowl            * 6E 3E B9 38 CC C2 CA CD *
 * -->Come to EnigMOO  (junior.wariat.org 7777)<-- * 4A ED 48 66 27 FA 1C 37 *
 *     Dark_Wiz @ EnigMOO, ForestMOO, MOOnShine    ***************************
 *  Dark_Owl @ everymoo          "The mice will see you now."  --HHGTTG      *