Re: Support for alt. language

If you find a way to input extended ASCII characters, let me know.  I've
tried before and never worked.. whether the extended (MacOS-only)
character set was stripped out on the client end because of some
tradition or the MOO parser strips them out I don't know.

This brings up a question.. this may be a stupid question, but I'll ask
anyway... what happens if you set the connection option of a standard
telnet connection, on line by line mode, to binary?  Since the telnet
client is thinking in line by line mode, it sends out the input in 1
line chunks.. would the MOO then receive it in 1 line chunks?  Could you
use a read() loop to handle commands, and the read() inputs it as a
binary string, yet it's still separated into lines by the client end?
This would solve the problem of alternate character sets, assuming that
you had a client which would automatically slice the input into
individual lines and the MOO would pay attention to that.  Ofcourse, you
would have to do the parsing entirely in-database if you did such a
thing.

Phantom