Re: stupid newbie question

Thanks for all the responses so far... I'm forwarding some to
the CS prof in question, and to the vice-prez for info tech.

I should have been more clear... sorry. The MOO is running
on a dedicated server... actually it's just a new gateway
p-5 75 with 24 meg and an 850 meg hard drive. Bsd, as I said...
I heard Linux would leave holes. Conditions here are so tight
that I also need to run course-related listserves underneath
the same BSD on the same server. outside telnet connections
would come across an IBM mainframe (VM), then into the Moo server,
in another building. Does that change anything? will the listserves
be a problem?

Thanks,

Bill