Re: Support for alt. language

On schoolnetMOO, languages are handled as follows: any text can have a '#*#' in
it (meant to represent a Canadian flag)  Each player has a .language flag on
him.  When tell() is called, everything to the left of the flag is passed (if
player.language == 1), otherwise he gets the right side.  The only thing we've
noticed that is a problem is this will work:

say Joe, you're an idiot #*# Joe, you're the greatest.

And Joe (if he's french) will think he got complemented, while the rest of the
room will hear otherwise.  However, I think this is an inherent 'feature' in
almost ANY implementation of multi-linugalism

Home | Subject Index | Thread Index