Re: CRC

In article <3120F052.34D9@baymoo.sfsu.edu>,
Richard Connamacher  <phantom@baymoo.sfsu.edu> wrote:

> Hrm..  how accurate is it?  I would imagine that whever you take a
> large chunk of data and compress it into a tiny signature, it would
> be possible for two different sets of data, or more, to have the same
> signature.  I assume it's much faster than checking if the data
> itself is identical on both sides of the connection :)

Correct... however, what do you want the CRC (MD5 would probably be
better, really) to operate on?  Values?  Verbs?  Properties?
Objects?  Those would all have to be handled differently internally.

	-hpa
--
PGP public key available - finger hpa@terminus.storm.net
"The earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens."  --  Bahá'u'lláh