Re: CRC

> What's CRC?

Apart from Cyclic Redundancy Check, CRC also stands for
"Class name, Responsibilities and Collaborators".  CRC Cards
is a design evaluation technique used in OO design to evaluate
the roles of classes/objects in a system.  (See Beck &
Cunningham in OOPSLA'89 proceedings.)

We implemented a support environment for CRC using our MOO. Using
MOO for an essentially role-play based activity seemed like
a good idea, but sometimes you end up with knots in your brain
trying to remember whether you're a Player, or a Player role-playing
a card (which represents a class, which represents an object
in the problem domain...).

If anyone's interested, a very short technical report can be found at:

   http://www.cms.dmu.ac.uk/~cph/Publications/CRCTR/crc-tr1.html

(A longer one is soon to be put on-line.)

Chris

--
Chris Hand, Senior Lecturer             | Dept of Computer Science,
e-mail: cph@dmu.ac.uk                   | De Montfort University, The Gateway