Re: CRC

>But the big problem, especially on objects that are maintained by a group,
or in
>the case of most of my objects where the users can expand the object
themselves,
>what do you do in the case where more than one version of an object on
different
>MOOs have been updated within a checking period?  Would it be possible to
>include some code here for merging differences in props to both?  And what of
>verb code that *has* to be different on different MOOs due to core
differences?
>The different ways integration is handled comes to mind...  Can we put in
>machine-readable comments around blocks that need not be included in the
>checksum, and aren't replaced in updates?

My core is very organized.  The only object that won't be updated is #1, the
archwizard.  $local has many, many options about how the MOO should run (and
therefore is NOT destroyed in a make_core_database) so verbs and properties
are only ADDED if they don't exist.  If they do exist, the updater assumes
that the verbs and props are set to the archwizard's tastes, and therefore
leaves them alone.  For the rest of the objects, verb code is updated, and
props are added.

- Kipp