BETA-TEST release of LambdaMOO version 1.8.0beta3

   Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 16:48:07 PST
   From: Richard Connamacher <phantom@baymoo.sfsu.edu>

   Sorry, I guess I don't really understand call_function()...

   Are builtin functions that aren't recognized by the server going to be
   converted into call_function() calls by set_verb_code() too?  Or just
   when it boots the database?  I wasn't talking about the portability of
   an entire database, I was talking about the portability of one
   individual object.  If unknown builtin functions are switched to
   call_function() calls by set_verb_code() too, with only a warning saying
   that it doesn't know that function, then forget my ranting.

I would find this to be a bad idea---sometimes I misspell builtins
when creating verbs.  It's nice to have this caught at "compile time"
rather than waiting til later during execution.  Though I suppose it's
no worse than misspelling variable names and I could cope if this
change were made.

      Judy Anderson yclept yduJ          'yduJ' rhymes with 'fudge'
 yduJ@cs.stanford.edu (personal mail)   yduJ@harlequin.com (work-related)
	Join the League for Programming Freedom, lpf@uunet.uu.net