Re: *hash() and binary stuff

At 8:24 AM 2/23/96, Pavel Curtis wrote:
>How many people out there have already written code that would be broken if I
>changed binary strings to be in hex rather than octal?

Actually, yes, a little, but I would love to change it to hex.  Hex is much
nicer in my opinion.  I think this would be a good change.

Btw, I found another compelling reason for binary strings to use hex and
not octal: HTTP.  HTTP uses hex, and it's messy to handle input from the
client in hex and output to the client in octal.

Phantom

Home | Subject Index | Thread Index