question..

I sent this out earlier, but I am not sure if it went through (I have a
catch-and-go relationship with my mail utilities)

In version 1.8.0 beta 3, which I recently installed.. I followed the
instructions:
I did a configure.
Edited options.h as needed.
Typed 'make'

Now, for some reason, the 'make' kept repeating over and over again and
would not quit. It would reach the end of the routine, and then I would see
the same checks again, and again.

Now, in version 1.7.9p2, The same options and method caused an O.K. compile
to occur.

I have no clue what is wrong; perhaps someone has an inkling? I would be
willing to create an account on my Linux system for them to try fiddling w./
the MOO with.. Just let me know.

Nick