salvaging a previous checkpoint

Hi all,

I've created a problem - my computer crashed while I was working on
the moo (working on a login watcher, and fiddling with the login verb),
and now I get a login error when I try to connect, and I disconnect with
the welcome screen still there. The current dump.db contains the error,
and the dump#xxx#.db also contains the error. My last unspoiled version
of the db is from weeks ago, and much work is lost if I revert to that
one. Any hints??

Also, how to avoid this in the future? Do you periodically shutdown the
moo server, store the dump.db in a safe place, then restart??

Thanks

Kim S-C

Kim Silk-Copeland
Communications Resource Coordinator (Internet)
Discovery Channel
ksc@interlog.com
http://www.discovery.ca