Multiple Inheritance

Has anybody experimented with in-DB multiple inheritance?
I've been thinking about adding something like a cross between Java
interfaces and MOO $features, for generics such as seats or articles
that one might want to use with more than one class (eg. most sitting
devices would be $containers, but a portable/thingish version of $room
(a car?) might also want to be sittable).
Has anything like this been done before?
Would anybody else be interestinged in this type of system? (ie, if I do
decide to program it, should I bother making it disentanglable from the
rest of the MOO, so that it could be ported?)

PS: I'd also like to know when the new LambdaCore will be released, if
anybody has any idea..

--