FUP vs. fileio

Okay, comments from the newbie here, but oh well. I just thought I'd
say that I much prefer FUP's ability to input binary characters in
normal strings.
   I don't use it a great deal, but when I do, I generally make sure I
know what I'm doing, so as to not corrupt the database as
mentioned before. (this is fairly hard to do accidentally, isn't it?
seems like it)
   It's also fairly useful for when you /need/ binary characters, for
example, when installing ANSI. (It refers to a chr() patch that you
can get, as an alternative... anyone know where this can be
obtained?)
    I dunno about the rest of you, but the MOO's form of binary
strings just don't cut it for me. :) Now, if only binary strings
could be displayed as binary without having to set the whole
connection binary. (ick)

Anyway, that's just my comment on the matter. :)