Fun with FUP and root.

We just had an interesting situation at SchoolNet MOO.  The SchoolNet
computer was rebooted, and our new root (despite previous warnings)
restarted our MOO using his account.  Since our MOO has FUP installed we
were able to write a line to a file (which was created as a root-owned
file), chmod it +x, then using our Unix accounts move it from the files
directory to the bin directory.  Presto, now the MOO can execute any
command with root perms.  We tried it, and it worked.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that MOOs with FUP and
root perms are a dangerous mix, but not every root knows just how
flexible a MOO can be (it isn't just a Dungeon game for the kiddies).
Fortunately only wizards who  have UNIX accounts can take advanage of
this situation when it arises.

                                       Live Long and Prosper!  \\//_
                                       Neil D. Fraser
                                       SchoolNet Support Group