Re: Amiguous Matches

At 12:33 AM 3/3/96 PST, you wrote:
> I wanted to switch around do_huh, so that if an ambiguous match occurs, the
>player can select the item from a list, or at the very least, will be
>returned to the first item on the list.
>Unfortunately, it appears that the parser already decides that it doesn't
>know which verb you mean before it ever hits do_huh. Am I reading this
>right? Is there any way to solve this dilemma?  I was using the standard
>Lambda core, with the get verb on thing in my testing of this code.

You'll want to take a look at $match_utils.  Incorporate that into your
match stack, and you can do things like:

take the first sword
  (the first object with the alias 'sword' in the room)
examine fred's second coin
  (the second object with the alias 'coin' in fred's inventory)

And a bunch of other stuff.
This would best be incorporated into the huh stack; people have already
provided verbs (altho, I didn't see any that use $match_utils), it would
have to be stuck in there, I guess.
Enjoy.

Andy

Home | Subject Index | Thread Index