Re: commands for un-logged in users

On Tue, 26 Mar 1996 slayer@kaiwan.com wrote:
> force_input(guest, connection_option(guest, "flush-command")) comes to mind,
> but that might not work.

According to the changelog:

	 if a raw line of input is equal to that connection's flush
   command, then all pending input on the connection is flushed and a message
   is printed back to the connection describing what happened.

This suggests to me that force_command is unnecessary, so just
(connection_option(guest, "flush-command"))() ;

...might do it.  Two problems:

(1) That resulting 'hey, I flushed your input' message is multiline and
might confuse a poor guest, and there is no way to customize (i.e.
eliminate) it from within the db.

(2)  A connection need not have a flush command, although it does by
default.  You can set the flush command to be null, however.

so:

if (cmd = connection_option(guest, "flush-command"))
		(cmd)() ;
endif