Re: value bytes of error codes

At 8:14 PM 3/28/96, slayer@kaiwan.com wrote:
>I was just wondering why something like value_bytes(E_PERM) returns 0. Do
>error values take up any space in the database? If so, how much?

In the source code, error values are enumerated integers, so they take up
however much one int takes up, which I believe is two bytes, although it
does depend on where the MOO is compiled.

Then, another two bytes are used for the 'type' field of the Var struct,
which is another enumerated integer.  So you're looking at 4 bytes for one
error code.

Phantom

Home | Subject Index | Thread Index