[psion@mv.mv.com: Re: parents and locking, listening etc]

Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 05:46:40 PST
From: Chris Williams <psion@mv.mv.com>
To: tim@itchen.hants.gov.uk, Moo Cows <moo-cows@parc.xerox.com>
Subject: Re: parents and locking, listening etc
Sender: MOO-Cows-Errors@parc.xerox.com

> @lock exit with !<parent(#myparent)> ???
There's no builtin way to do that, however $lock_utils can be modified
to lock for all kids of an object, I remember coding that a while ago.
I'll see if I can find it, although I think it may be on the MOO where
the idiot ArchWiz has turned all the rest of us $wiz's into $builders..
As I recall, I just added another unary operator like ! (I think I used
K, for kids), and added it to the big elseif in the main lock-checking
verb. And the parsing ones. Mainly, if you look at how it does !, you
can do pretty much the same thing with any unary operator. PArsing is
the same thing exactly (if fact, I think there you may just hafta add it
to a list of them), the lock-checking is basicly the same, you've just
got to do an $object_utils:isa check instead of a != check.

- --