MOO-cows Mailing List Archive

[Next][Index][Thread]

[abakun@scinc.com: [PROG] Re: parents and locking]

Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 13:01:38 PST
To: moo-cows@parc.xerox.com
From: Andrew Bakun <abakun@scinc.com>
Subject: [PROG] Re: parents and locking
Sender: MOO-Cows-Errors@parc.xerox.com

>> @lock exit with !<parent(#myparent)> ???
>There's no builtin way to do that, however $lock_utils can be modified
>to lock for all kids of an object, I remember coding that a while ago.

You can grab code for such changes at the URL below.

http://tecfa.unige.ch:4243/objbrowse/$lock_utils/

Specificly, an operator '$' exists which will match any descendant of it's
operand.  This is outlined at

http://tecfa.unige.ch:4243/help/keys

Note that you most likely won't be able to grab the code wholesale, but you
can get the general idea for what needs to be changed and how to change it.
Specificly, you'll have to change references to xx:isa(yy) to
$object_utils:isa(xx, yy).  In otherwords, don't use said code without
actually reading it first.

Andy Bakun.