[martos@las.es: Re: Permission errors in FUP]

From: "Antonio Martos" <martos@las.es>
To: "Shadow" <shadow@worldone.com>
Cc: <moo-cows@parc.xerox.com>
Subject: Re: Permission errors in FUP
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 00:43:51 PST
Sender: MOO-Cows-Errors@parc.xerox.com

> On Wed, 8 Jan 1997, Antonio Martos wrote:
> > I have a directory called files at the same dir that moo server, it is
> > drwxr-xr-x, the files inside are the same, and ;filelist("") returns
the

> Make sure that this directory is owned by the same user that the MOO is
> running under... Otherwise you'll get errors from the OS trying to create
> files and directories in it.  Either that, or modify the permissions ;-)
>
> If you have a relatively secure system, an easy way to see if this is
> really the problem is to chmod 777 <directory> and see if it fixes it.
If
> it does, then go back and figure out what it should be set at, and do it
> :)
I also tried that, its ok... does not work.
I have more information, after triying
filewrite("","test.txt",{"0123456789"})
I got "No such directory" from fileerror()
also with "." as directory.
I can create a directory from os, and moo recognices it, and inside
everything seems to work, except for that file is 0 bytes and moo hangs up
!!! I had to kill it.
I had to recompile the server again from scratch.
Anyone had seen this ? Could strip moo bug the server?
Thanks