[mcmudge@mailbox.syr.edu: Re: Modifying player properties based entering any command]

Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 22:47:21 PST
From: Kipp the Kidd <mcmudge@mailbox.syr.edu>
Subject: Re: Modifying player properties based entering any command
To: moo-cows.PARC@xerox.com
Sender: MOO-Cows-Errors@parc.xerox.com

At 05:27 PM 3/19/97 PST, Scott Robinson wrote:
>Ok, you will have to set your connection to "binary".
>(set_connection_option(player,"binary",1);) and have your :do_command
>understand the "binary" representations in-Server (encode_binary,
>decode_binary) because your server will error up with a "binary"
>connection. I'll send in example code in a bit. =)

I don't think Henry was looking for this... he said anything a player types,
and players can't "type" binary.  The <CR> is really just enter, which makes
$do_command()'s argstr to "".  Also, this eliminates any chances of using
default parsing, if do_command wants to use it.  I can't imagine why you
would want this done on the main login port.

- - Kipp
- --
I'm sick of writing signatures.