Re: FUP

On Thu, 25 Apr 1996, Guilherme Ramos wrote:

> Taking the same trail of the recently FUP questions, I would like to know
> if the words contained into the FUP README file...
>
> "Additionally, file read/write operations are allowed only over the directory
> subtree rooted at the 'base directory', called 'files' by default, and
> execute operations are allowed only from the directory called 'bin' by
> default."
>
> ...means that that directories must be created in the *root* directory.
> Or: What if I don't have means to obtain a root password? Can't use FUP?
>
> TXs
>
> -G=]<-

'subtree rooted at the base directory', the *base* directory is
selected by an option in the file.c source (near top). This *base*
directory is then treated by the MOO as a kind of 'root', -ie it can not
move back up the directory tree... and yes, the base directory could be
the OS' idea of root if you so desired.

Chris.