Re: my kingdom for a hash table!

Your message dated: Mon, 30 Jun 97 17:39:06 PDT
> If you don't like that, keep in mind that:
>
> 	object.(propname)
>
> is almost exactly the same as:
>
> 	values[propname in keys]

When I was first starting all of this coding, Pavel warned me off of creating
any long lists.  He mumbled something about operations increasing exponentialy
to the length of the list, and looked embarassed.  (I imagine the speedy rogue
server fixes this?)  All the verbs and scripts on $room and $player make a
long list.  You need to account not just for the time to do the lookup,
but also for the time to construct and modify a lot of long lists you're
keeping around.

-- Amy