Re: crontab & restart

    D> So, does anyone know how to get a cron job working to restart a
    D> moo once a week? The restart.sh that comes with the code uses
    D> nohup, which requires a terminal, so I can't call that. I tried
    D> just calling the command-line startup but that didn't work
    D> either. I keep getting a "must be called from a terminal"
    D> error.

    D> Diana aka Trouble @ DownMOO

Try starting it with an expect script.  That way, the pty that expect
allocates will look like a terminal to the MOO even thought there is
really no physical terminal involved.  You can get expect at
ftp://ftp.cme.nist.gov/pub/expect/.

--
--------  "And there came a writing to him from Elijah"  [2Ch 21:12]  --------
Robert Jay Brown III  rj@eli.wariat.org  http://eli.wariat.org  1 847 705-0424