---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 17 May 1995 11:11:07 +1200
From: Ian Macintosh <ian@iman.internet.co.nz>
To: Pavel Curtis <pavel@parc.xerox.com>

On Tue, 16 May 1995, Pavel Curtis wrote:

> I recently received the following proposal for a change to the workings of the
> MOO-Cows mailing list:

I think the change would be positive in some, but not all instances.

I'd recommend, if possible, two mailing lists.  A new one for the digested
question/summary as proposed (possibly moderated?), and leave this one as
it is.

The reason for leaving this one as it is, is because despite the s/n
ratio, it is often enlightning to read and think as a subject develops.

For example.  Thinking over your message, the idea crops up that perhaps
someone could dedicate a very small moo, maybe 5 - 10 core rooms maximum,
exceptionally stripped core, no programmers.  All that would be left is
talk/chat, mail and the capability to @dig 1 room per 'player' only, that
room to allow the owner to lock/unlock/accept/deny whoever.  Maybe the
@dig is a good idea, maybe not.

As I said.  The idea just came up while typing the reply.  Not
necessarily matured yet :)

It could function just like the mailing list does, except you log in and
use @rn to read the mail.  You can be more selective that way.  Perhaps
that would make it easier to add/delete mailing lists as you go too.

More ideas as I type :) Perhaps it could serve as the depository for
various patches as well.  ie.  @mail on *server-patches-descriptions would
give me the low-down on the patch, and @mail on *server-patches would show
me the patches themselves, and @netforward 14 on *server-patches would
send it to me.

Just an idea :)

Regards,

Ian.

| Ian Macintosh         | P.O. Box 24-036 | Anything really worth    |
| General Manager       | Royal Oak       | doing, is worth doing    |
| Sytek New Zealand Ltd | Auckland 1      | badly.     - Duncan Shaw |