Re: Really stupid newbie question

Mike Carns wrote:

> Also, did you compile the moo with OUTBOUND_NETWORK defined (in options.h)?
>
> > On Thu, 9 May 1996, Bill Lantry wrote:
> > > please forgive me my foolishness, but I've struggled with this one for
> > > awhile, and even the unix guy here can't help me. I *did* get the
> > > network turned on, but now I have the following problem:
> > >
> > > **************************************************************
> > > @make-player fool for clown@circus.edu
> > > fool (#1348) created with password `OpaVa' for clown@circus.edu
> > > Send email to clown@circus.edu with password?  ÄEnter `yes' or `no'Å
> > > yes
> > > Sending the password to clown@circus.edu.
> > > Cannot send mail: Cannot open connection to maildrop localhost:
> > >  Permission denied
> > > ******************************************************************
> > >
> > > How can I get that connection to open? The machine's mailer (BSD)
> > > does work, I've even got a pop server running on it. So I think
> > > I just need to get the MOO mailer to connect to the machine's mailer
> > > and we'll be in business...
> >

> Mcarns

It sounds to me like your open_network_connection() built-in is disabled.  If you
haven't already, edit your source code file options.h and uncomment the line that's
something like #define outbound_network and re-compile the server.  If that doesn't
work, then we go from there. ;)

RavenStar
--
	"Go and make desciples of all, disciples of all in the name of the
Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit of love.  The time has come,

					--Saviour Machine II