Re: A good set of generic questions...

At 07:11 AM 5/20/96 PDT, you wrote:
>All this raises the question again:  Is this a good idea?  So much on the
>Web seems to be done just because someone could, not because it was a
>good idea.  *WHY* do frames is a good question.  Outside of a few sites
>(and not surprisingly ones which also offer non-frame versions), I've
>seen maybe 10 justified uses of frames.  I surf about 20 hours per week
>as hobby and professionally.  Frames as well as java-applets are saddly
>the most unartfully over-used and unnecessary uses of bandwidth on the web.

  If you want to do something like this, why not use Pueblo?  The new
version doesn't give you frame, it gives you actual separate windows, Allows
for sound and pictures inline, does the scrolling you wish Netscape would
do, and is basically a MUD client, that supports the use of HTML tags, with
a few of its own.  The newer version, pueblo 1.09 beta (waiting for 2.0
coming soon.) Allows for just about everything I could have thought of (so
far ;)) for adding easy, and quick sound and graphics to a MOO.  Take a look
at that one.

The latest version is at ftp://ftp.chaco.com/pub/pueblo/pblo109.exe
Their web page is at http://www.chaco.com
And there are already quite a few places out there that have PUeblo support,
Snow, for one.  If you want to see what I am doing for RPG with Pueblo, drop
me a note, and I will give you an account on a not yet open for request MOO
which has lots of pueblo support.

  WWW Moo has always been a bit laggy, which pueblo doesn't suffer from,
BTW.  I wouldn't even have considered using netscape as a client, but pueblo
fits the bill well.