Re: ping

>>>>> "slayer" == slayer  <slayer@kaiwan.com> writes:

    slayer> At 09:14 AM 5/23/96 PDT, Chuck Adams wrote:
    >> It's quiet ... too quiet.  :) This is a test message, please
    >> ignore.

    slayer> shhh! be vewwy vewwy quiet.. We're hunting wabbits!

Yes, do not even breath.  Rabbits are bigger than bugs, and they have
bigger ears, so they can hear you coming.  It is actually very rare to
encounter a rabbit in software; they are usually found in hardware.
They appear as a pulse or glitch that moves acroass the oscilloscope
screen out of sync with the rest of the trace.

I just knew we could blame it on hardware if we waited long enough!

--
-----------  "...  And the men went up and viewed Ai."  [Jos 7:2]  -----------
Robert Jay Brown III  rj@eli.wariat.org  http://eli.wariat.org  1 847 705-0370