Re: .db crash

At 01:01 PM 5/30/96 PDT, CS Moo Admin wrote:
>We had a crash today, and it looks like our .d got a little corrupted.
>I'm including the .log file here. I can't get in with moo -e, so any fix
>will have to be a direct edit to the .db. Please advice! :)
>
>Stacey

looks like you'll have to edit the db, sometimes when I gzip a db and move
it to another machine, it doesn't unzip properly and stray characters come
out like that. But that wasn't your problem.. you should probably use an
editor that lets you have large files (your db doesn't look that large with
only 280 objects) and just search for the object #264:5, then the 'elsh' garble.

...This is not a signature.

Home | Subject Index | Thread Index