From:  Graeme Smith[SMTP:grysmith@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca]
Sent:  June 7, 1996 11:44 AM
To:  Thomas Wouters
Cc:  Ninoles, Fabien: DGSE; 'MOO Cows'
Subject:  Re: Adding Preposition

Since Software can always be RECODED, the opportunity exists to rethink
the
nature of the compiler, and make it a little more flexible. But then,
that
might be considered a different server, as it wouldn't be supported by
PAVEL and Freinds.

GOOD LUCK!

    GREY

GRAEME SMITH                         email:
grysmith@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
YMCA Edmonton
(Back on line!>

On Fri, 7 Jun 1996, Thomas Wouters wrote:

> On Fri, 7 Jun 1996 ninoles.fabien@ic.gc.ca wrote:
>
> > They're someone who knows how to adding some preposition to the
> > one recongize by the server. It's mostly adding alias of it then
> > completely new ones. The purpose it's to make the server able
> > to understand other language (like French) without having to
> > parse all the argstr...
> > Because I'm not sure of my english, I let you an example:
> > I make an alias of @describe as @decris (french translation of
> > describe verb). I would like that the command
> > @decris moi comme ....
> > will be interpreted exactly in the same way as
> > @describe me as ....
> > As you can see, some 'variables' (as me/moi) have to translated
> > too if possible... (don't know if me is a variable or not).
>
> They are stored in 'db_verbs.c' (Don't ask me why it's not a option in
> config.h) -- you have to alter them there. You can just append your
alias
> for the prep, like this:
>
>   "as",
>
> would become:
>
>   "as/comment",
>
> You can use spaces in the prep names, but i'm not sure about other
chars
> (like ' or `) -- one character you wont be able to put in a prep in any

> case, is a / ;-)
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Thomas.
>
> Thomas Wouters   |   Visit The Digitale City (DDS)   | Forever an
Addict to
> zonny@moo.dds.nl |    The Dutch Digital Community    | Virtual,
Digital,
> Ynnoz @ MOOs     | http://www.dds.nl/plein/centraal/ | Unconventional
Rubbish
> Jay_* @ MUS[HE]s |  WWW -- World Wide Wackos :)      | (Except for
Windows)

Fabien Ninoles aka Baggus Mage   || Not knowing where you go
Ninf01@gel.usherb.ca             || always lead you to a
finger me for my PGP Public Key  || Baggus End...
Can be reach too on Ninoles.Fabien@ic.gc.ca until 23/08/96