Re: memory leak in latest lambdaMOO

Kipp wrote:
>I think there is still a huge memory leak in regexp stuff...
<...>
>What's going on with this?!?!

What server version are you using? The latest, 1.8.0p5, fixes some memory
leaks with failed regexps, as described in the changelog file.
Please note that some FUP operations (e.g. filegrep) use the matching
system directly, so FUP 1.8 has a similar memory leak, if the regexp(s)
provided to it are bad.
I intend to release a fixed FUP version as soon as I have time to test it,
which might be not before 3 weeks from now.... :(

Gustavo Glusman               Founder/administrator of BioMOO
-- Gustavo@bioinformatics.weizmann.ac.il
-- http://bioinformatics.weizmann.ac.il/Gustavo
-- BioMOO: telnet bioinformatics.weizmann.ac.il 8888
           WWW:   http://bioinfo.weizmann.ac.il/BioMOO