Re: Server Admin Question

Eric A. Zarko wrote:

> On Wed, 05 Jun 1996 12:19:43 -0400, I wrote,
>
> > Okay, I think I am missing something very basic and essential here.
> >
> > I have a server running. I used the dec-25 LambdaCore as a starter
> > and have it going to TribalMOO.db.new as I beleive it should be.
> > So, I spend about a week working as I can and get a few new
> > objects done to my satisfaction.
> >
> > Well, then I need to reboot the machine. So, I connect as wizard
> > and do an @shutdown. Well, out she goes ... no problem. So, I
> > reboot the machine and then restart the server. No problem, or so
> > it seems. I connect and all of my new objects are gone.

I suspect that what you are doing is starting the moo manually instead
of using the script file that came with it.  The script file
automatically renames TribalMOO.db.new to TribalMOO.db before restarting
the server.  If you have a system backup shortly after shutting down
and restarting, you might be able to recover and rename the .new file,
getting all your lost data back.

Regards,

Ian.