Re: [SERVER] memory leaks or MY MOO IS 8 TIMES BIGGER THAN IT USUALLY IS

Check your queued tasks.  Look at all the code.  Check for something like
the following code structure.

        while (x)
          foo = {@foo, bar};
          suspend(baz);
        endwhile

I believe the byte quote system ($quota_utils) uses something like it.  It
balloons my MOO at some alarming rate I've since forgotten.

Something about variables not being freed.  I ain't no server master,
though.  I just carve around the cockroach shape.

-Quinn

At 03:28 PM 6/11/96 PDT, ThwartedEfforts wrote: [BLAH BLAH DAMN YOU CRAZY KIDS]

>I guess what I'm trying to do is ask people to post the specifics about
>their database along with the problem.  What exactly are you doing with FUP?
>How complex are your regular expressions and what are they?  Are you doing
>anything weird with binary strings?  Does your database contain heavy use of
>exception handling?  What is in your extesions.c file?  These are the things
>that we need to know.
>
>Andy...
>  (... join the "No More 'ME TOO' Posts" league).

Home | Subject Index | Thread Index