Re: compiling problems

> From rturknett@mail.utexas.edu Wed Jun 26 17:14:16 1996
> Compiler log:
>
> cc -O -Xa  -c  numbers.c
> ucbcc: Warning: "-Xa" redefines compatibility mode from "SunC transition"
> to "ANSI"
> "/usr/include/stdlib.h", line 65: identifier redeclared: atof
>         current : function(pointer to char) returning double
>         previous: function(pointer to const char) returning double :
> .... And lots more just like it ....
> *** Error code 2
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `numbers.o'

This is a fairly common problem with this kinda stuff.  Oddly enough, 1.8.0
compiles error free on my Solaris 2.5, SPARC Workshop 4.2 setup, but that
doesn't help *you* any.

I'd suggest editing my-stdio.h so that the use of const in it and in the
standard stdlib.h match for each of these errors.  It is only there to improve
compiler efficiency, and makes no difference to the way it executes.

Hope this helps,

Moredhel/TC

Home | Subject Index | Thread Index