[SECURITY] the basics? (was Re: force_input() and $do_command())

Hm.  Just occurred to me that the only way for a programmer to acquire
a verb with !valid perms is to recycle emself.  This is a hard thing
to do given all the security on chparent, recycle, etc., so perhaps
this caller_perms thing isn't as dire as I first thought upon reading
the message.  Any comments from those who've tried it elsemoo?  Am I
deluding myself?  My true goal is to avoid doing an @grep on LambdaMOO
for all the users of if (!valid(caller_perms()))...

      Judy Anderson yclept yduJ          'yduJ' rhymes with 'fudge'
 yduJ@cs.stanford.edu (personal mail)   yduJ@harlequin.com (work-related)
	Join the League for Programming Freedom, lpf@uunet.uu.net