Re: Compile Problem

On Sun, 7 Jul 1996, Gita Enders wrote:

> Oy. I've read everything. So, can anyone help...
>
> 	machine% /usr/ccs/bin/make
> 	yacc -d parser.y
> 	sh: yacc: not found
> 	*** Error code 1
> 	make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `parser.o'

It needs yacc to set up the moocode compiler.  Try typing 'bison -y -d
parser.y'  or 'bison -y parser.y' (don't know if that'll work, just a
guess) and see if it works.  If it doesn't but the thing wrong isn't that
it can't find bison either, then you'll be okay.  If it can't find bison,
then either you don't have bison or yacc, which it needs, or they're
placed somewhere strange that the makefile can't find.  If it does work,
then continue with make.

I once had to send the parser.y file to another computer to be compiled,
then brought the compiled file back and got it that way.

Phantom