silent passwords

	Hi,

        We are setting up a small moo for a study in colaborative
        electronic workplace. It has been requested that we have a password
        (connection etc) that will not echo/display the password when
        the user logs in or changes the password. I connot see how this
        can be done without client knowledge (a colleage claims it can
        be done but does not have any details) - Am I missing something?

        All Suggestions welcome,

        Thanks in advance

        -David.
 David Channon                                .-_|\
 Department of Computer Science              /     \
 The University of Newcastle                 \.--._/
 NSW, 2308, AUSTRALIA                             v
 Email : mailto://dchannon@cs.newcastle.edu.au
 URL   : http://wwwcs.newcastle.edu.au/Research/VMRG/dchannon.html
 not tried it." -- Donald E. Knuth