Re: appropriate communication

>>                    Public         Private
>>                  +------------------------
>>Same room         | stage-talk     whisper
>>Different room    | ?              page

> I guess that ? should read 'shout' ...

> Gustavo shouts, "Hey Jay, see what I mean? :)"

shout #2 to Yeah, I guess so, but...

Aw, you didn't quote the line above that where I said it was directed
communication between single users.  Once you add the ability to send
messages to multiple users the chart gets a LOT more complicated.

Oh, and another qualification on the chart that it only includes
synchronous/semi-synchronous communication styles.  There's always
MOOmail and notes and lots of other things in that vein.  We'll
conveniently leave out the long conversation I had with someone by
renaming documents in the room....

Jay Carlson
nop@nop.com    nop@ccs.neu.edu    nop@kagoona.mitre.org

Flat text is just *never* what you want.   ---stephen p spackman