Re: wish lists

--- sander@dds.nl wrote:
I don't think this will simplify the MOO language either. It might be a nice
tool for experienced MOO programmers though, but It is not trivial to
implement. The MOO server must not let _set_number() call itself again,
when it tries to set the property.
--- end of quoted material ---

Well, when I did the "Verbed Properties" hack, I made a two new built-in
wizardly functions, "property_full()", and "set_property_full()", which
retrieved and adjusted "actual" properties as necessary.  These were only
called by verbs on #1.  To _actually_ set a value from _set_number(), you just
pass(@args).

-manta (re-opening old cans of flame-bait)

Home | Subject Index | Thread Index