[WISH LIST] verb_index()

<SNAP ON>

 ----------
From:  Richard Godard[SMTP:janus@cam.org]
Sent:  Sunday, July 28, 1996 3:44 AM
To:  moo-cows
Subject:  [WISH LIST] verb_index()

Since it seems the debate goes into the details... let's add some more.

Now that we have verb index by number (or should I say integer?), it
would
be nice that verb_info() => {owner, perms, names, index}

and/or to have a new bf:

verb_index(OBJ <object>, STR <name> [, LIST <arguments as per those
returned by verb_args()>]) => INT <index>

IMHO it would make sense to have server facilities to retrive the index
of
a verb given the name and the args...

P.S. I know it can/is done in-db but the server version would probably be
much faster than less clumsy...

<SNAP OFF>

Think that can be great and in the way that the server
already gone to evolve... Don't think too it take much
time to implement... certainly less than from Db mainteners :)

Just my 2 pennies...

The contradiction is not that free software are among the best,
   it's that commercial software aren't the best of them.
Fabien Ninoles aka the Baggus Mage aka Baffouille
nightbird@cyberus.ca             +-----------------------------
finger me for my PGP Public Key  | Not knowing where you go
                                 | always lead you to
[space must be fill to register] | a Baggus End...
Can be reach too on Ninoles.Fabien@ic.gc.ca until 23/08/96