Re: Defining New Error Codes?

On Wed, 23 Aug 1995, Coolin MacKaarmick wrote:

> I'd like to know if it's possible to define new error codes; for instance,
> a MOO with monetary units might need an 'E_INSFUND' (insufficient funds)
> error.
>
> This should be defined as an error so that it evaluates false.  Is there
> any way to do this short of a server hack?  If not ... how tough of a
> server hack is it? :)

I'm pretty sure there's no way to do it without a server hack but it
shouldn't be that tough to do.  You can probably just add E_INSFUND to
the enum for errors (in structures.h) and then you probably have to tell it
that there are now 16 errors instead of 15 but I have no idea where that
would be, and you'd probably have to hack the verb compiling stuff too.  I'd
suggest just using E_QUOTA though since it's usually used for insufficient
resources or funds as well as quota.

 *       Don Schwarz <darkowl@tezcat.com>          *     PGP fingerprint:    *
 *        http://www.tezcat.com/~darkowl           * 6E 3E B9 38 CC C2 CA CD *
 * ->Come to EnigMOO!! (junior.wariat.org 7777)<-- * 4A ED 48 66 27 FA 1C 37 *
 *    Dark_Wiz @ EnigMOO,  Clam_Boy @ AquaMOO,     ***************************
 *   Dark_Owl @ EnigMOO, LambdaMOO, PizzaMOO, OutlawMOO, MOO2000, NovaMOO    *
 *            PMC-MOO, OutlawMOO, RiverMOO, KingdomMOO, ErasMOO              *