Re: volunteer proofreading organization

Hello,

>       Not /only/ newspapers.  Magazines.  Pamphlets, anything related
> to this.

I think the major magazines like Newsweek have been very accurate.

'Tis quite true that newspapers are notorious for making obvious technical
errors.  However, we must keep in mind that your typical newspaper writer
spends more time writing news articles than surfing the 'Net.

I, too, get tired of errors of that sort, but who has the time to sit and
proofread every technical artical?  Technical articles in newspapers are
directed toward your average, non-technical person, as well as written by
a typical, non-technical person for the most part. :)  They're only
human.  Let's give them a break.

Is it really worth the time and effort?  Not to me.  If the newspaper is
going to have errors in it, so be it.  I just chuckle to myself and let
the world go 'round.

Justin Dobbs
 jrd@bigbird.stark.k12.oh.us