Re: Parser Problem

From: Coolin MacKaarmick <colin@tripod.tripod.com>
>I'm getting a strange parser error, and I'd love it if someone could
>explain it/help me work around it.
>
>------------------------------
>@verb me:@junk this none any
>@program me:@junk
>player:tell("Hello, world.");
>.
>
>@junk me
>Hello, world.
>
>@junk me nothing
>I don't understand that.

Once you've set the preposition to be none, there can be no
iobjstr and iobj.  So @junk is really @junk this none none.

In the second example, it tries to match the string "me nothing" against an
object and fails.  Thus, the dobj is $nothing... but the dobj has to be
"this" in order for the verb to match.  So no match and the error above.

I'd recommend religious study of the "Command Parsing" section of the
Programmer's Manual.

    /t

Tom Ritchford     tom@mvision.com   (212) 306-0414
Market Vision, 40 Rector Street, NY, NY 10006

Verge's "Little Idiot" -- coming soon to a player near you!