Re: Fork problem?

On Wed, 31 Jul 1996, Kipp the Kidd wrote:

> Here is a section of code that I have been trying to get working for EVER...
>
> [...]
>
> About 80% of the time, it says 'Launching' and then 'Launched' immediately
> after...
> But the other 20% of the time, it never says 'Launched'... I did a grep for
> kill_task(, and none of them are capable of killing the task... no wizards
> were logged in, so it couldn't be an eval.  Any other suggestions?
>
> I think I noticed that it dies when the verb is called a second time while
> the first one is waiting for the fork to run.

Well, my only guess is that it's exceeding a task limit and raising an
E_QUOTA.  Are you running this with `player' set to yourself?  If it's
called from a server task you might want to either set player beforehand or
hack $handle_uncaught_error and $handle_task_timeout and make sure it isn't
tracing back somewhere.  Also, is there a try or catch expression around one
of the calling verbs that might be ignoring the error and preventing an
actual traceback from happening?
                                                     --Dark_Owl

Home | Subject Index | Thread Index