re: profiling

I don't have much I can say about the syntax, though at first glance it
doesn't look too bad.  Is it possible to have global_profile() callable by
anyone and just have their own tasks profiled?  If that would put undue
strain on the server, forget it -- the last thing I want is to see one
user's profiling code lag everyone else, but if it is possible, that would
... well, that would be cool :)

Anyway, what would some sample output of prifiling code look like?  An
execution time for each opcode?  Something a little less extreme?  I
personally would like to know which builtins and list operations are most
expensive and possibly bump up the tick cost to reflect it.

Actually #ifdef I_had_my_druthers, I'd do away with ticks altogether and use
a microsecond-resolution seconds timer instead.

Home | Subject Index | Thread Index