Re: Major problem with FreeBSD and the server (no I don't have alpha

>okay its 1.7.8p4 and its doing this
>

>"gcc -g -Wall -Wwrite-strings  -O -DMOO -c net_mplex.c
>"In file included from my-sys-time.h:24,
>"                 from net_mp_selct.c:22,
>"                 from net_mplex.c:21:
>"/usr/include/sys/select.h:45: parse error before `pid_t'
>"/usr/include/sys/select.h:45: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or
>union
>"/usr/include/sys/select.h:47: parse error before `}'
>"*** Error code 1
>"
>"Stop.

I ran into this same error with NetBSD (is this the same as FreeBSD?).
The problem is in NetBSD's /usr/include/sys/select.h.  It should include
<sys/types.h> to get the typedef for pid_t.  Since I don't have control of
the system we're on, I modified my-sys-time.h to do the include just before
the include of select.h (line 24 in the original my-sys-time.h):

	#if NEED_SELECT_H
	#  include <sys/types.h>
	#  include <sys/select.h>
	#endif

Unrelated, I also found that I needed to modify the generated Makefile
to add "-lcrypt" to the LIBRARIES line to get the moo executable to link.

						Ray

--                                                                    --
-- Ray Bloom                                     Intermetrics, Inc.   --
-- Senior Software Engineer                      733 Concord Avenue   --
-- bloom@inmet.com                               (617) 661-1840 x4096 --
-- Asst. VP, Instructional Systems, VOU, Inc.    athena.edu 8888      --
with Standard_Disclaimer;
use  Standard_Disclaimer;
function Improve_Message(Text: in Clever_Ideas) return Better_Ideas;
-- This is an example of software reuse ... 14.4% of this signature   --
-- was "stolen" from eachus@dr_no.mitre.org.  ;-))                    --

Home | Subject Index | Thread Index