winmoo's stability (was: Need help getting my own Moo up!!!!)

At 07:53 AM 9/3/96 PDT, Andrew wrote:
>At 04:00 AM 8/31/96 PDT, you wrote:
>>IF EXIST MyMOO.db.PANIC REN MyMOO.db.PANIC MyMOO.db>NUL
>
>I'm not all that familar with WinMOO, so I don't know the crash frequency,
>but it is a bad idea to just blindly use the database produced from a PANIC
>in place of a known useable database (ie, the one that you originially
>started with).

I've never had it crash, but that doesn't mean an automatic copy of the
panic file is a good idea :)

>>winmoo -log MyMOO.log -o MyMOO.db MyMOO.db 2000
>I would suggest writing the db to a different file, but that's personal
>preference.

Same here, I run winmoo like this:

winmoo -o -l %1.log %1.db %1.db.new %2

where %1 is the base db name, and %2 is the port.

>Does having to use this loop mean that WinMOO does crash often?

No, it really doesn't.  I even loaded up a 21MB (on disk) db and had several
people connected  without any problems.
jesse montrose <jesse@spine.com> http://www.spine.com
     After seven years, I was sent home to my family.
                 Little man, I give the watch to you.

Home | Subject Index | Thread Index