Re: Web for MOO?

In message <Pine.A32.3.91.951030172458.52846A-100000@fn1.freenet.edmonton.ab.ca>
Chris Jones writes:

> 	Ok.... Does anyone either a: know of a "generic" web to MOO
> interface (ie... allowing the viewing of objects from WWW, possibly
> interaction from WWW) or b: be willing to send me a web/MOO interface?

I've made a "sort of a" web server for MOO: MOO/HTTPD.  It will allow people to
access readable properties on the WWW Utilities object, and also verbs in a
CGI-script-like manner.  I do not have the CGI interface complete, and it
currently supports only verbs that run with no input (i.e.: POST is the exact
same thing as GET so far).  It only has one directory, the root, and binary
files such as images need to be stored somewhere else.  It does work, however.

You do not have to put a .html suffix on the properties on the MOO, since the
parser automatically removes that.  I use .moo as a suffix for MOO verbs in the
URL, but not for the actual verb, since it removes that too.

I hope to find enough time to accept script input and make directories soon.

Anyone else who wants a copy, ask me: I've sent the code to Chris.

Anyone else who wants to help me program it is more than welcome. ;)

For an example, see http://reality.cs.umn.edu:6464 (currently down due to
NetBSD/amiga + LambdaMOO + NCSA httpd instability, but back up or changing
location soon).

James Renken - Renk0006@Gold.TC.UMN.Edu - http://acm.cs.umn.edu/~jpr
Administrator, GopherMOO: Reality.CS.UMN.Edu 6464 - 3.1: GCS d- s-:+/++
a11 C++++ US++/UH++/UI+ P+>++ L E---- W+++ N+++ o+ K- w--- O-->O++ M+
V-- PS PE Y+ PGP- t+ 5? X? R tv-- b++++ DI++++ D? G++ e h! !r y !z
Notice: Unsolicited commercial e-mail is subject to an archival fee of
200 US dollars per message - mailing denotes acceptance of these terms.